Friday, July 20, 2012




Well the time has come! Today is my last day in MD for 4 1/2 months. Tomorrow (Saturday) the family leaves for our annual week at the beach in Ogunquit, Maine. I'll be there for a few days and then Wednesday morning drive down to Boston and head off to London which might be crazy considering the Olympics will be starting just a couple of days after. Then from London I fly down to South Africa then South Africa to Botswana!!! Luckily there are two other students from my program who will be on the same flights then I will meet up with the Resident Director and other students once I am in Botswana.

But before I head out, I thought I would share some photos from a small Bon Voyage dinner the family had last weekend.  A couple of family friends came over for a small, quiet dinner of one of my favorite meals: chicken marabella. It was a great evening and nice to see people before leaving for this grand adventure. I was also lucky enough that my brother's friend is getting married this weekend so PJ came up from Florida allowing me to see him one last time before Christmas.

Hopefully the next time I post I will be on the other side of the world in Gaborone, Botswana!! Sala sentle (goodbye/stay well)!


1 comment:

  1. What a great looking bunch of people! All wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete